Pre-Health Professions Scholar
For students and graduates (age 18+) of colleges and universities, who are preparing for allied health careers and the GRE.
Certificate in Patient Experience and Pre-Health Professions Studies
Scholars must be enrolled in or graduated from an accredited college or university, and be at least 18 years old.
As a Pre-Health Professions Scholar, you’ll gain clinical experience, make a difference in the lives of patients and become an integral part of the patient care team. Upon passing the exams, you will move into a three month learning program, which includes hands-on patient care experience along with intensive GRE review and supplementary workshops to prepare you for graduate or professional school. Working side by side with nurses and physicians, you’ll provide basic care for patients. You can help patients walk, feed them when they can’t feed themselves, assist with checking vitals and much more. After an initial 30-hour intensive training program, you will begin clinical rotations in a variety of areas at the program site.
Who Should Apply
The program is ideal for those interested in:
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy
- Health Care Technology
- Health Care Administration
- Other Allied Health professions
- College students, “gap year” students, recent graduates, “post bacc” students, or career changers who are preparing to take the GRE in Spring or Summer of 2018 would benefit most from this program.
Not planning on taking the GRE, but looking for an immersive health care experience? Take a look at our other programs for more opportunities!
- Intensive GRE prep course
- Clinical coursework & training
- Clinical observations
- Department & facility tours
- Health care workshops
- Fun activities & special events
- COPE Connect membership
- Hands-on patient comfort care experience
- Fulfill clinical experience hours required or preferred by graduate and professional schools
- Prepare for the GRE through intensive coursework
- Gain an inside view of medical specialties as you rotate through many areas in the hospital or ambulatory care setting
* Note: All GRE classes will take place in either the Greater Los Angeles area or the Greater Orange County area
- Adventist Health – Glendale (Glendale, CA)
- Adventist Health – White Memorial Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA)
- California Hospital Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA)
- Citrus Valley Health Partners (Covina, Glendora and West Covina, CA)
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian (Newport Beach, CA)
- Kaiser Permanente South Bay (Harbor City, CA)
- Kaiser Permanente Riverside (Riverside, CA)
- Riverside Community Hospital (Riverside, CA)
- Simi Valley Hospital (Simi Valley, CA)
- St. Francis Medical Center (Lynwood, CA)
- St. John’s Regional Medical Center (Camarillo & Oxnard, CA)
- St. Joseph Hospital of Orange (Orange, CA)
- St. Mary Medical Center (Long Beach, CA)