Winter Intensive Pre-Med Scholar
Winter Intensive Pre-Med Scholar is an intensive medical school prep program offered in partnership with The Princeton Review for students looking to enhance their medical school application. Over three (3) weeks this winter, scholars will receive 44 hours of MCAT strategy, 40 hours of clinical training and up to 48 hours of first-hand clinical and health care administration experience.
Available at a variety of sites to choose from throughout California and Hawaii to obtain direct patient care experience.
The in-person MCAT strategy sessions will take place in Los Angeles and Orange County, California with online options available throughout Southern California and in Oahu, Hawaii.
- Direct Patient Care Experience
- Shift through at least two departments in a health care facility assisting with basic care for patients alongside nurses, physicians and other clinicians, preparing you for a career in medicine
- Upon fulfilling program requirements, scholars will receive a completion certificate from UCLA Executive Programs in Health Policy and Management
- Rigorous MCAT Preparation with The Princeton Review
- Learn from four to six subject-matter experts, each uniquely certified in a MCAT subject area.
- Build confidence as you focus on learning and practicing the strategies that will help you tackle every subject area and question type of the exam
SESSION I: DECEMBER 17, 2018 – JANUARY 4, 2019
- In-person MCAT strategy course will take place in Orange County, CA
- Online MCAT strategy course available in Los Angeles, Ventura and Riverside counties
- Housing option available in Orange County, CA
SESSION II: DECEMBER 26, 2018 – JANUARY 13, 2019
- In-person MCAT strategy course will take place in Downtown Los Angeles, CA
- Online MCAT strategy course available in California (Orange, Ventura and Riverside counties) and Oahu, Hawaii
- Housing option available in Downtown Los Angeles
Scholars must be accepted to, enrolled in or graduated from an accredited college or university, and be at least 18 years old.
Value to Students
- Premium access to MCAT study tools with The Princeton Review, including 500+ videos covering MCAT content, thousands of free-standing and passage-based questions, 15 full length online practice tests, 11 MCAT books and more
- Opportunities to practice and apply health care procedures in a simulation lab
- Access to UCLA faculty while learning about current health care trends
- Shadowing opportunities in two or more health care departments at a program site
- Medical school admissions workshops
- Experience to expand career and professional education options
The Winter Intensive Pre-Med Scholar program will require a full-time commitment every day of the program. Your clinical site rotations schedule will be assigned before your first day, and hours may be scheduled from 7am-11pm Monday to Sunday (7 days per week). In addition to rotations at your clinical site, you will be required to attend all MCAT classes and additional events as part of the program.
Please see a sample of the program schedule here.
Tuition & Fees:
- Application Fee: $30
- Tuition: $3,500 (Early Bird: $3,000)
- Room and Board (Optional): $2,500 – includes housing, 2 meals a day and transportation stipend
For more information, please visit: Tuition & Fees