1. Eligible applicants
- Individuals currently employed as a [full-time/part-time] Registered Nurse [or LPN/LVN] with AHB
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse either at AHB or other health system
- Nurses with interest in building and refining leadership competencies and interest in holding future leadership positions
- Nurses with a strong drive to help teams learn, adapt and execute new leadership skills in practice
- Commit to approximately 3 to 5 hours per week, for six months starting in December 2022
2. Complete your application
Complete the online application [insert link here]
All essay questions are required. There is a 500 word limit for each question.
- Prompt #1: Describe the importance of teamwork in nursing. How do you insure teamwork in your current role?
- Prompt #2: How do you maintain accountability for professionalism and excellence in practice within yourself?
- Prompt #3: How do you stay on top of the current trends and developments in the health care industry?
- Prompt #4: What was your most difficult workplace decision? Describe what it was and how you handled it. Additionally, please elaborate how this leadership program will help you handle these scenarios in the future.
Letter of Recommendations
All applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation. They must be written by either one or both of the following:
- Current or previous employer, manager and/or colleague
- An academic instructor and/or counselor
Upload your updated resume or CV to highlight your nursing and leadership experience.
If you need assistance in completing the application, please reach out to [insert Leadership Scholar group email]. Our team can assist with best practices for essay response questions, resume, quality assurance and more.
Based on your online application, you may be invited to complete a panel interview with a team from Adventist Health and COPE Health Solutions. All candidates will be evaluated on response and merit. Please be dressed in professional attire and arrive in a timely manner.
Back to top
Program and Application Fees
Enrollment Fees Breakdown
- Application Fee
The $20 application fee covers the cost of processing the application.
- Program Cost
Program fee includes training, a certificate of completion in Leadership and Management from the Keck Graduate Institute (KGI), course materials, one scrub top and clearance costs. This is a one-time payment that covers the entire duration of the program.
Application and Program Fees are non-refundable. Please see our Tuition & Fees Refund Policies for more information.